Looking for help at game-developing

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
DiegoG
Prole

Looking for help at game-developing

Post by DiegoG »

Hi, fellow lovers!
As the title said, I'm looking for help, but not just any kind of help. I'm looking to something similar to hiring someone to help me.
Details
  • Someone with decent (Can make a simple use of without much trouble) experience in Lua, Love2D, and Game Developing
  • Someone who's willing to work in a serious, closed-source, project with monetary benefit as one of its goals (Hopefully you won't take this the wrong way)
  • Is willing to work for and with someone
I can't really promise any money for the work, seeing as I can only hope the game will sell (And we have, absolutely, no budget); but the money that is made after release will be distributed among us accordingly.

I'm not a master, or a professional; and I am a self-taught Lua programmer with only 6-7 months of experience.

And lastly, I will be the superior (project-wise) of anyone who decides to work with me. (But that doesn't mean I will neglect ideas, propositions, etc.)

Further questions about this post and the "job"; please be asked here.
Questions about the game itself and related, PM me.

Thanks for reading!
function earth:destroy()
00count=5000
00while count>0 do
0000lg.draw(explosion,math.random(0,600),math.random(0,800))
0000count=count-1
00end
00earth = nil
00print("Earth has been destroyed.")
end
xNick1
Party member

Re: Looking for help at game-developing

Post by xNick1 »

Don't get me wrong, but I think that most developers here are working on their projects already!
Make your game, when you have something to show you could ask for some help with graphics or audio or anything!
Just my 2 cents.
I had some friends who wanted to make a team and they never succeeded but it has not to be your case!
ken.athomos
Citizen

Re: Looking for help at game-developing

Post by ken.athomos »

I'm with Nick on this one but if you want to get more responses (either through a PM or a reply to this thread), most people here would appreciate if you have something to show like a screenshot or a working demo.

My personal suggestion would be to try doing something simple by yourself first. You'll learn a lot from that such as what stuff are you capable of doing and what projects would you be most likely attuned to. That way, you will be able to specifically tell people what can you do.

Other than that, good luck with the team searching! :)