How do I apply multiple shaders at the same time?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
zorg
Party member

Re: How do I apply multiple shaders at the same time?

Post by zorg »

Positive07 wrote:Blur in one pass... interesting! I'll bookmark that
Related link i haven't linked before because i fell asleep and am a doofus :3
http://rastergrid.com/blog/2010/09/effi ... -sampling/
Edit: I got told in two separate locations that slime already posted this... welp. :monocle: :P
Last edited by zorg on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Netcode
Prole

Post by Netcode »

holy shit didnt expect that many answers :) alright so I see it's a lot more complicated than i thought. I dont really want to merge multiple shaders into one because then I'd need a crazy big amount of shaders for all possible combinations. Ill look at the examples you posted and try to come up with something. ty for the help, appreciate it :)
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Netcode wrote:holy shit didnt expect that many answers :) alright so I see it's a lot more complicated than i thought. I dont really want to merge multiple shaders into one because then I'd need a crazy big amount of shaders for all possible combinations. Ill look at the examples you posted and try to come up with something. ty for the help, appreciate it :)
You could dynamically combine them depending on the current needs; if you write the shader code just right, a simple string concatenation and creating one new shader is all it takes... probably. You most certainly don't need to create all combinations beforehand. :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Netcode wrote:holy shit didnt expect that many answers :) alright so I see it's a lot more complicated than i thought.
The shine library (which was in the first reply) should do what you want I think, and its API is pretty simple.
Netcode
Prole

Post by Netcode »

slime wrote: The shine library (which was in the first reply) should do what you want I think, and its API is pretty simple.
I'll take a closer look at it :)