PiskelApp.com simple pixel sprite editor

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
aerotune
Prole

PiskelApp.com simple pixel sprite editor

Post by aerotune »

PiskelApp is a simple pixel art editor suited for animating. It runs entirely in a webbrowser and you can save your piskels online if you sign in. There's also an offline version you can download if you need that.

Features like pixel rotation algorithms (like rotSprite) isn't implemented but for simple hand drawn animations it does a good job.

Getting your animations into your game is straight forward since you can export image sequences or sprite sheets in PNG format.

For you super users out there, if you press the keyboard icon in the bottom left corner (or use the shortcut "?") you get a list of all the shortcuts.

I'm just starting up a hobby project in Löve and I'm currently using piskelapp for all of my animations.

By default your piskels are private but you can flag them so they are visible publicly. Eg. here's my public gallery:
http://www.piskelapp.com/user/5727078204833792/public

I thought this was a cool little gem so I thought I would löve to share it with you all!
azulfato
Prole

Re: PiskelApp.com simple pixel sprite editor

Post by azulfato »

I was looking for something like this, seems really good and useful.
Is there a gallery where I can see other peoples work? I couldn't find that option.
aerotune
Prole

Post by aerotune »

azulfato wrote:I was looking for something like this, seems really good and useful.
Is there a gallery where I can see other peoples work? I couldn't find that option.
I don't think they have that option. You need a link to find a gallery. I would be neat if they had their own pixel art community around the tool though.
Hydrogen Maniac
Citizen

Post by Hydrogen Maniac »

looks solid af. Might actually use this for some of my future stuff.
I'm way too sober for this...
ken.athomos
Citizen

Post by ken.athomos »

I was looking for this! I've lost some of the tools I used while learning (and applying Love) and I'm glad to see that this thing is still in the forums.

I can vouch for this. It's a really solid application. Really good if you want a simple program (especially if you're having a hard time with Photoshop modified for pixel art or Graphics Gale).