Can't run love cos OpenGL version.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Rob.m
Prole

Can't run love cos OpenGL version.

Post by Rob.m »

Hi, I installed Love2D and when I go to run it it says -

The program requires a graphics card and drivers which support OpenGL 2.1 or OpenGL ES 2.

Detected OpenGL version:
1.4.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930 Intel Bear Lake B (Intel)

My graphics is inbuilt to the main board (Intel Q35 express Chipset). I downloaded and installed the latest driver and it is a different driver version but the same OpenGL version.

So my question is - Can I install some software/driver to make it work or should I just forget it.

This PC is a small form factor with a Quad core so I can't install another graphics card because of the PSU loading and thermal footprint.

Thanks in advance.
Rob.m
Prole

Re: Can't run love cos OpenGL version.

Post by Rob.m »

Love 0.9.2 works fine. I will just stick with that for now.
VectorNormal
Prole

Post by VectorNormal »

I've run into the same problem with my Intel GMA 4 Express chipset on my laptop. The issue in my case is that Microsoft will not be developing new drivers for these chipsets for Windows 10, and Intel has planned the obsolescence of this chipset. This may be the case for your chipset as well. To continue working in Windows, I'd need to downgrade back to Windows 7 to use the drivers that still work.
As far as I can tell, this is not an issue that Microsoft or Intel is planning to resolve ever. It's very disappointing.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

I had similar issues, you can try to install newer drivers for Windows 7 in Windows 10 and they may work, search on the internet how to do this.

In my case drivers provided by Windows 10 didn't even run 0.9.2, with the Windows 7 drivers I can run 0.9.2, I still can't run 0.10.1 because I have an Intel GMA 3150 which doesn't support OpenGL 2.1
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)