Visualize - My first android game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
rgzk
Prole

Visualize - My first android game

Post by rgzk »

I just finished my first game for android using löve and I thought I would share it with the community :awesome: . Visualize is an arcade game where you have 2 sets of images, you have to find the image present in both sets. The concept might sound easy, but the game gets harder quickly.

I've been working on the game for about a month, I wanted to wait until I had a playable version to publish it. I started using löve2d about three months ago (I was using pyglet before), and it's really an awesome framework. Using löve with android can be quite tricky at times, so I was thinking about writing an in-depth tutorial about it soon if anyone is interested.
Visualize screenshot
Visualize screenshot
screenshot0.png (27.36 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
I published the game on Google Play if you want to try it. I also lade the source code available on GitHub for anyone to see how things are coded. I don't think my coding style is great, but it could help many people see how a complete game is organised - and there are only 1400 lines of code, so it's not too hard to understand the full code. The version on GitHub is a bit old though, I need to add a few comments and documentation to it before publishing the newer one (if you still want the source code, I believe you can just extract it from the .apk file).

Any feedback appreciated!
CapitalEx
Prole

Re: Visualize - My first android game

Post by CapitalEx »

Fun game, however on the theme selection page the icon sits over top the label
Capture+_2016-03-22-20-29-55.png
Capture+_2016-03-22-20-29-55.png (151.18 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
~~<Ɵ/\/\_: *snake noises*
rgzk
Prole

Re: Visualize - My first android game

Post by rgzk »

CapitalEx wrote:Fun game, however on the theme selection page the icon sits over top the label
Oh I didn't expect people to have such big screens, my bad. I will try to fix that bug quickly!

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it.