What motivates you ?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
davisdude
Party member

Re: What motivates you ?

Post by davisdude »

"I'll stop procrastinating... tomorrow."
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
gomez
Citizen

Post by gomez »

Zarty55 wrote:In the moment I'm a undecided person that is bouncing from a concept of a game to another concept. I'm really bored with programming right now, I'm not sure what to do. I had something to say, but I don't think I'm in the position to be the person that says something good right now hahaha

Procastination is big ugly thing in my life right now. Dammit.
i'm the same way..
A thing that I definitely i don't have is focus. It is very common for me to start projects and start thinking on new features that make a simple project, that i thought in the beginning, in a ultra hardcore project, and in the time I realize I need to work really hard over this project to be able to implement what I want, I give up.
davisdude wrote:"I'll stop procrastinating... tomorrow."
hahahaha.. dammit :cry: :cry:
Hey dude :D
Do you want to protect earth from an apocalypse ? Me too o/
Check my new game here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81001
JimReyes
Prole

Post by JimReyes »

I really like this post. Your messages actually encouraged me for motivating back to my work. Thanks!!
JimReyes
Prole

Post by JimReyes »

Thanks for such a valuable post.
marco.lizza
Citizen

Post by marco.lizza »

gomez wrote: I agree with you. All the excuses I give are only to mask my lack of discipline :cry:
How do you handle that ? Just focusing on one thing at a time ?
I personally handle this by considering this an oblige to myself. Also, planning helps a lot...
MadByte
Party member

Post by MadByte »

Planning is really helpful. I use a todo list with stuff that need to be done, things already done and things I'm currently working on. Even if I have a day where I've no motivation to do anything for the project, I gonna pick one tiny thing from the list (like clean up stuff) and do it (or at least I maintain the list and think about stuff I could add). Afterwards I can say I've managed to do something .. and it's pretty likely that I gonna say to myself "why not do another thing".
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

MadByte wrote:Planning is really helpful. I use a todo list...
Instructions unclear, now have 7 to-do list fragments, none of them i can consistently locate on my hard drives, and by editing those, i'm actively procrastinating by not deciding what to accomplish... :3i'm serious tho
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
marco.lizza
Citizen

Post by marco.lizza »

MadByte wrote:Planning is really helpful. I use a todo list with stuff that need to be done, things already done and things I'm currently working on.
Agree. I use a free online service for this and I'm quite content with the result...
Stifu
Party member

Post by Stifu »

I've worked on many projects in the past. The vast majority are unfinished and not worth showing.
I'm getting old, and am about to get a daughter. I'll have less and less time on my hands.

No use crying over spilt milk, wasted time won't come back. The time to make my dream project is right now. I've got a motivated partner working with me. We motivate and inspire each other, and I know I can count on him because I've known him for over 15 years. This is my final chance, and I won't get another one.
Zabuyaki, our upcoming beat 'em up: https://www.zabuyaki.com
MadByte
Party member

Post by MadByte »

Stifu wrote:...
Having someone reliable with you working on a project is always the best way to go I guess.
good luck for you.