Mobile App Purchases

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
khamarr3524
Prole

Mobile App Purchases

Post by khamarr3524 »

Is there any system (or plans for one) that incorporates this? I've read a little into the new .10 release but I didn't find anything on the topic and nothing in the forums. The reason I ask is I'm working on the design and prototyping for an app that my friend and I are looking for a final development environment for and, my personal bias to Love, wants me to do it here, but I'm just trying to see where the functionality inevitably ends. I haven't done (really any) mobile development so I didn't know how this is handled.
bobbyjones
Party member

Re: Mobile App Purchases

Post by bobbyjones »

Do you mean IAP or selling your app on the app store? IAP can be done by modifying the source code of love to support it. There are examples in the Android port subforum of this being done for ads. For now you should focus on completing the game first. Once it is complete adding in IAP with help from Google should be trivial.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

bobbyjones wrote:In-Application-Purchases can be done by modifying the source code of love to support it.
Or, it may be possible to use the FFI for this; it might be slow, due to some mobile os-es not supporting JIT, but at least you don't need to touch löve's source, right? :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

zorg it is possible to use FFI but you will still need to modify at least the build files to add the libraries in. BTW bartbes was working on Java FFI utilizing the NDK on Android. All in luajit. But it can't do anything without the proper permissions and dependencies. So building is unavoidable.
spill
Prole

Post by spill »

Folks following this thread might want to take a look at this post I made about implementing in-app purchasing for iOS.