I'm new here!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Flairieve
Prole

I'm new here!

Post by Flairieve »

Hi i'm new here!
I'm starting now to learn LUA Code.

Also I'm kinda confused with installing Love Frames. It just says "Download the source from the repo. Place the source in a folder of it's own and then place that folder anywhere within your project." Can someone give me a guide with images so I can understand how to install it please?

Thanks!
bobbyjones
Party member

Re: I'm new here!

Post by bobbyjones »

Just download loveframes and put it inside the source folder. But if you are this new to Lua(not all caps.) I would recommend reading the PIL http://www.lua.org/pil/. It will help you understand how loading modules and all that works.
Flairieve
Prole

Post by Flairieve »

Where can I find this source folder at?
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Source folder is a folder you make that holds your main.lua and other code files and game assets.
Flairieve
Prole

Post by Flairieve »

LuaERROR.PNG
LuaERROR.PNG (18.55 KiB) Viewed 3158 times
I tried to follow the instructions on LoveFrames but I see that LOVE doesn't have the dlls and such?
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

That means the path you passed to require was wrong. Post a screen shot of the directory for the source
Flairieve
Prole

Post by Flairieve »

FlairWut.PNG
FlairWut.PNG (34.57 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
Ok, heres my files.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

For one, you want to require "libraries.loveframes", but your folder is named "LoveFrames-master", so you need to do this instead:

Code: Select all

require "LoveFrames-master"
On the other hand, it might be a "windows hiding files by default" thing, but i believe there should be a few more files next to love.exe that are needed for it to run; You didn't just copypaste the file to your projects folder in documents, right? Nevermind, as s0lll0s said, it's a link, and i'm blind :3
Last edited by zorg on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

zorg wrote:For one, you want to require "libraries.loveframes", but your folder is named "LoveFrames-master", so you need to do this instead:

require "LoveFrames-master"
On the other hand, it might be a "windows hiding files by default" thing, but i believe there should be a few more files next to love.exe that are needed for it to run; You didn't just copypaste the file to your projects folder in documents, right?
It's not love.exe, it's a shortcut to love.exe which is probably in PATH even, so it should work.

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end