Create one large image out of many small ones?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
VinnieH01
Prole

Create one large image out of many small ones?

Post by VinnieH01 »

Is it posible to create a drawable object out of some other drawable objects? And How would I do it?
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Create one large image out of many small ones?

Post by bartbes »

You can use [wiki]ImageData:paste[/wiki], if you're in ImageData land.
You could draw them to a [wiki]Canvas[/wiki], if you want the more efficient route.
If you've got a spritesheet and want to recombine them into a drawable, you could also look at [wiki]SpriteBatch[/wiki].

If you just have a lot of separate images you want to make a spritesheet of, though, I recommend doing that in an image editor beforehand.
VinnieH01
Prole

Post by VinnieH01 »

bartbes wrote:You can use [wiki]ImageData:paste[/wiki], if you're in ImageData land.
You could draw them to a [wiki]Canvas[/wiki], if you want the more efficient route.
If you've got a spritesheet and want to recombine them into a drawable, you could also look at [wiki]SpriteBatch[/wiki].

If you just have a lot of separate images you want to make a spritesheet of, though, I recommend doing that in an image editor beforehand.
Thanks the canvas works perfect :D
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

The canvas is a kind of object that many games more or less need, but it's one of those things that are hard to understand that they exist without already knowing it. I also remember learning about them through a forum post and I was all like "Oooooh!". :crazy:
MicroMacro
Citizen

Post by MicroMacro »

T-Bone wrote:I also remember learning about them through a forum post and I was all like "Oooooh!". :crazy:
Do you have a link to said forum post? I've been looking for a good explanation on them, and I can't find a darned one.
https://github.com/ebernerd- where you can find all my work.
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

MicroMacro wrote:
T-Bone wrote:I also remember learning about them through a forum post and I was all like "Oooooh!". :crazy:
Do you have a link to said forum post? I've been looking for a good explanation on them, and I can't find a darned one.
What specifically are you wondering about canvases? The wiki has quite good documentation and some examples. It is easier to help if you tell us what you know and what you want to learn :)
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

MicroMacro wrote:
The post itself didn't contain much more info than "Have you tried canvases?", IIRC :neko: