Good Tutorials? Platformer,etc ?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
izaDEgo
Prole

Good Tutorials? Platformer,etc ?

Post by izaDEgo »

Hello, does anyone have a link to the most updated/newest tutorial on how to make a platformer game on Love version 0.9.0
I found a couple but their we're all out of update or did not help at all.
Also if you could post links to any new tutorials for the new version of love that would help alot.
I wanna expand my knowledge on love as much as possible before i create a game.
Last edited by izaDEgo on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeeper
Party member

Re: Good Tutorials? Platformer,etc ?

Post by Jeeper »

First of all, don't make a post in all italic, use it to emphesize a word or two. :D

Most (if not all) old tutorials are totally valid today, the difference between Löve 0.8 and Löve 0.9 is not that big in terms of things getting remade/removed/added. As an example it took me around 5 minutes (if not less) to port my game from 0.8 to 0.9.
izaDEgo
Prole

Post by izaDEgo »

Jeeper wrote:First of all, don't make a post in all italic, use it to emphesize a word or two. :D

Most (if not all) old tutorials are totally valid today, the difference between Löve 0.8 and Löve 0.9 is not that big in terms of things getting remade/removed/added. As an example it took me around 5 minutes (if not less) to port my game from 0.8 to 0.9.
That did not help me at all. I requested some links not if 0.8 can be converted to 0.9 i know this already.
Please go back and read what i wrote then post something useful .
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Post by HugoBDesigner »

Hey, easy there! You're a new member, and he was trying to help with something else. No need to be harsh...

You can use, if you want, the "Tutorials" category page from the Löve wiki: [wiki]Category:Tutorials[/wiki].
Also, a quick search with Tutorial-related terms: Tutorials on forums.
It has a lot of threads asking for tutorials (just like yours), but it also contains a few user-made tutorials (like my simple physics tutorials).
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I find it always helps to be nice to the people you're expecting to get help from. Posting in all-bold all-italic really doesn't help, and if Jeeper wants to notify you of that fact, he may do so.
izaDEgo wrote:not if 0.8 can be converted to 0.9 i know this already.
Similarly, you never said you knew, it's impossible for us to know exactly what you know and don't know, or what you've tried and haven't tried.
izaDEgo
Prole

Post by izaDEgo »

HugoBDesigner wrote:Hey, easy there! You're a new member, and he was trying to help with something else. No need to be harsh...

You can use, if you want, the "Tutorials" category page from the Löve wiki: [wiki]Category:Tutorials[/wiki].
Also, a quick search with Tutorial-related terms: Tutorials on forums.
It has a lot of threads asking for tutorials (just like yours), but it also contains a few user-made tutorials (like my simple physics tutorials).

Thank you.