Mist - A steam like game client for Love 0.9.0

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
SiENcE
Party member

Re: Mist - A steam like game client for Love 0.9.0

Post by SiENcE »

josefnpat wrote:
jjmafiae wrote:josefnpat why haven't you done it already? it's mostly small changes that 0.9.0 introduces, just a few things that needs to be renamed.
I want to keep compatibility with 0.8.0, which adds significant complexity.
What about adding this compatibility layer to Vapor? It works for me without problems.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

SiENcE wrote:
josefnpat wrote:
jjmafiae wrote:josefnpat why haven't you done it already? it's mostly small changes that 0.9.0 introduces, just a few things that needs to be renamed.
I want to keep compatibility with 0.8.0, which adds significant complexity.
What about adding this compatibility layer to Vapor? It works for me without problems.
This thread is really getting de-railed, and would probably be better suited for the vapor thread.

Regardless, a compatibility layer was discussed, but the problem is that it means that every game needs to be taken apart, modified, put back together and then fully tested, which as a one man team, takes a lot of time that I really don't have. Unless someone can definitively say that a compatibility layer is 1:1 with 0.7.2, 0.8.0, 0.9.0, 0.9.1 and will be with any other 0.9.x or 0.10.x version of love, I feel downloading and using the appropriate engine will be a much more stable route to go, even if it is more complex.

I am currently working on an API for Vapor2, and if anyone is interested in helping (review, develop, roadmap, etc), I'm very open to help, but as I mentioned earlier, it would be better done here.
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
ds84182
Prole

Post by ds84182 »

Ok, so I'm back after spending a week in places without internet... I wish I could have it everywhere. Anyways, while I was away, I made a game! I'm going to add it to Vapor, and make it's own thread.
ds84182
Prole

Post by ds84182 »

Oh YAY! I'm not dead! I actually started to update Mist again! Well, it's changelog time.
Updated those ugly rounded rectangles with some rounded rectangles that look less ugly.
That black theme looked like trash. Now it's white (I may add support for tinting in the near future!).
There is now a partial multitasker in the works. Think multitasker like the 3DS and Wii U.
Graphics color is now saved across calls to a game's draw method. Fixes a bug with Mari0 that I discovered when changing the notification color.
Attempts at adding a "ten foot user interface". It looks like crap too!
Fixed LuaSocket and Love2D threads not playing nice.
Menus are now resolution independent. It also means it works on Android.

In the near future (maybe now) I will experiment with Google's Material Design stuff in Mist. Also you _SHOULD_ be able to rip out LibGameLoad from the source and use it in other projects without modification!