Collector | My first ever project release ever

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
AlexCalv
Prole

Collector | My first ever project release ever

Post by AlexCalv »

As of now, I'm releasing my first game ever titled, "Collector". Everything is explained in the readme file but here's the features. It's essentially a game where you avoid 3 falling boxes that increase in speed, and collect hearts for as long as you can without getting crushed by the boxes.

Features:
Saving of highscore
Controller support (Edit: Only Xbox controllers work, no idea how to make others compatible)
Menu
Pausing
Randomly falling collectibles and enemies

Picture:

I plan to add a few more things before starting a new project up. Please give me some of your opinions on how it is. I'll probably start adding the things within the coming days.

Update:
Fixes a few bugs and adds/changes a bunch of things. Version 1.1 should be out by this Saturday at the latest.
Attachments
Collector.love
Version 1.0
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 188 times
Last edited by AlexCalv on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Positive07
Party member

Re: Collector | My first ever project release ever

Post by Positive07 »

Please provide a .love file, many user in the forums don't use Windows, also you can use the attachments provided by the forums instead of you own hosting for more info you can check this thread, this one and this one.

Welcome to the forums! You have made a nice game. Keep on going and have fun! we are here to support you and answer any questions you may have, so feel free to ask.

I don't have much feedback to give you... your game is good and I haven't find any bugs... I'll look at it into details later on and give you proper feedback
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
AlexCalv
Prole

Post by AlexCalv »

Positive07 wrote:Please provide a .love file, many user in the forums don't use Windows, also you can use the attachments provided by the forums instead of you own hosting for more info you can check this thread, this one and this one.

Welcome to the forums! You have made a nice game. Keep on going and have fun! we are here to support you and answer any questions you may have, so feel free to ask.

I don't have much feedback to give you... your game is good and I haven't find any bugs... I'll look at it into details later on and give you proper feedback
I do have a love provided in the zip. I'll go ahead and just make it an attachement anyway.
blzr
Prole

Post by blzr »

I just played this and this and I have to say that both might be fun with a time attack mode. In your game's time attack, maybe you'd change the hearts in to clocks, or maybe even simply numbers. Instead of dodging boxes and hearts, you could be dodging +plus and -minus..

I tried it with an old PSX controller I happened to already have plugged in through a USB adapter, but it didn't work.

Good job.
AlexCalv
Prole

Post by AlexCalv »

blzr wrote:I just played this and this and I have to say that both might be fun with a time attack mode. In your game's time attack, maybe you'd change the hearts in to clocks, or maybe even simply numbers. Instead of dodging boxes and hearts, you could be dodging +plus and -minus..

I tried it with an old PSX controller I happened to already have plugged in through a USB adapter, but it didn't work.

Good job.
That time attack gamemode is actually a really good idea. I'll try and implement that if I figure out how to setup different gamemodes. Regarding the controller thing, it seems as though gamepads will only work if you're using an Xbox 360 controller. I'd wager to guess that an Xbone controller will work just the same. I'll attempt to find a way to incorporate more game pads. Thanks for trying out my game!