Looking for native English speaker

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
norubal
Party member

Looking for native English speaker

Post by norubal »

Hello. I'm planning to distribute my games for worldwide. but I'm feeling language barrier is bit hard.
I can read and write English, but my English is not perfect. That can be problem..

So I decided to find someone can help me, I need native English speaker who can proofread my writings(like release announcements, game manuals, and maybe press release? nah, don't need to proofreed my every twitter!). I don't have any income now so I can't hire someone, but I can help translating English to Korean. (and Korean to English if you want.)

If you read/write English pretty good and want more players from other side of the world, please contact me.
Thanks!
caldur
Prole

Re: Looking for native English speaker

Post by caldur »

sounds nice and you might be interested in this http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78754
At this moment I believe it's still based on ivan's own game, but I do think such a project makes sense and can have wide application. (But if yours is a story/text heavy game then that's certainly not gonna be enough).
norubal
Party member

Post by norubal »

caldur wrote:sounds nice and you might be interested in this http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78754
At this moment I believe it's still based on ivan's own game, but I do think such a project makes sense and can have wide application. (But if yours is a story/text heavy game then that's certainly not gonna be enough).
Doing project like that is interesting. but I don't need translation, I need someone who can proofread my writings.
Text-heavy game is not in my interest, I prefer textless games like Mario Bros.
But I have to proofread(not translate) my game's description, manual, etc.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

I'm pretty much a native english speaker, I could help you, if you want.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Davidobot wrote:I'm pretty much a native english speaker, I could help you, if you want.
I agree, you can't hear that he isn't native English because he is so good at English.
norubal
Party member

Post by norubal »

Thank you, guys. Davidobot will help me :D