Love2D Toolbox

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Xyore
Prole

Love2D Toolbox

Post by Xyore »

It's just a name I gave it. Nothing official.

I've tried searching the forum to see if something similar has been done, but to no avail. So I present:

A WAY TO MAKE A WINDOWS USER'S LIFE EASIER!

The contents of the .zip should make your Love2D development endeavors a lot more convenient.

This should allow you to test your games by simply right-clicking the appropriate folder and selecting "LÖVE" from the context menu. Not only that, but now you will be able to convert your games to .exe on the fly. Just right-click your .love file and select "Convert to EXE" from the aforementioned menu.

Credits and instructions are in the readme.

As far as I know, this only really works for Windows users (at least Windows 7) and LOVE version 0.9.1.

This is my first time doing something like this, so please go easy. And if there's anything wrong with it, please let me know.
Attachments
Love2D Toolbox.zip
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Zilarrezko
Party member

Re: Love2D Toolbox

Post by Zilarrezko »

Lovin it so far. although the .love to .exe isn't working properly, at least for windows 8.1. It just creates a folder _game and all the dll's are in side it, but no .exe.

Here's video proof!

Awesome stuff though. I'd like to know how you added stuff to the context menu. Although I could probably just google it. Good work!
Xyore
Prole

Re: Love2D Toolbox

Post by Xyore »

From what I know, either Windows 8 handles batches differently, or there is a problem with folder permissions. Though that wouldn't explain why the .dlls copied just fine. I'd have to test it myself when I get the chance. I'll also consider making a version of this for Mac and Linux (if possible).