Love.exe close itself after opened

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
arcwinolivirus
Prole

Re: Love.exe close itself after opened

Post by arcwinolivirus »

slime wrote:You can download drivers for nvidia graphics cards here: http://www.nvidia.ca/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us (just select 'GeForce 9 series' from the 'Product Series' dropdown.)
So after installing/updating my drivers up-to-date version and restart, I tried to do the same process but stil closing itself :/

Also same console as previous x.x
foo0
Prole

Post by foo0 »

Download vanilla LOVE version from the main page and try to run it, to be sure that it's not a problem with your particular version. E.g. this: bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloads/love-0.9.1-win64.zip
arcwinolivirus
Prole

Post by arcwinolivirus »

foo0 wrote:Download vanilla LOVE version from the main page and try to run it, to be sure that it's not a problem with your particular version. E.g. this: bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloads/love-0.9.1-win64.zip
I already have this version. But I still DL the link you gave to me. No positive results :death:
arcwinolivirus
Prole

Post by arcwinolivirus »

um any more help? @.@ I really want to play the game so badly..
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Do you have access to another PC?

If all else fails, being a Linux kind of guy, I would get an empty thumb drive, put Ubuntu on it and run it as a live session. You don't need to install it on your PC or change your PC in any way, it just runs straight from the thumb drive.
Then install Löve on that Ubuntu live session and run the game.
This is pretty overkill, but as a last resort, it usually works well. Plus, you get to tinker with Linux, which is (almost) always fun. :)
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
moikmellah
Prole

Post by moikmellah »

This post on the Steam Community forums sounds similar to your issue. According to your dxdiag output, you're in 16-bit color mode ("Current Display Mode: 1280 x 768 (16 bit) (60Hz)"); try bumping to 32-bit color mode and see if that clears it up.

-mm
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Yeah that would probably do it. Nice catch!
arcwinolivirus
Prole

Post by arcwinolivirus »

That worked! "Solved"! Thank you so much to all of you guys who helped me, more power! >w<)b