map editor/creator with collision detection

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
hairy puppy
Prole

map editor/creator with collision detection

Post by hairy puppy »

hello all,

i have been playing with STI of late [thank you karai17] and also tiled. both are great, but the one big problem is the fact of collision.
on asking karai17 about this, he/she pointed me to hardoncollider. which is also quite useful.
but on this, i feel things are getting bogged down somewhat library wise. i honestly dont mind using a library, but like to keep minimal on them, and i guess look for a more 'rounded' option. even not having any, but thats more a wing and a prayer really.

is there a map editor of some sort that can wing in the collisions of what you make in tiled? or even an alternative that takes in affect of collisions as well with the same effect as tiled, sti and hardoncollider. though i think im cluching at straws here ;)
i was thinking of just making my levels from scratch and not use tiled at all and no other library [maybe], but then that feels that it going too far in the other direction.

i guess im looking for something that can do these 2 libraries in 1 and collisions can be called up properly by using what collision borders you make in tiled.
lewis lepton
------
http://smokingbunny.net
Autophoenix
Prole

Re: map editor/creator with collision detection

Post by Autophoenix »

I think this may help you.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=75987&start=40
a² = b² + c²
hairy puppy
Prole