warning, FSAA setting failed!

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
minkzilla
Prole

warning, FSAA setting failed!

Post by minkzilla »

I am following this tutorial to try to learn to use Love2d: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... B05A624D91

But I keep getting the error - Warning, FSAA setting failed! <Result: Buffers: 0, Samples: 0>
And nothing will appear when I try to draw rectangles and print words and what not. I originally copied his config file from the dropbox, but after that didn't work I took the config file from here: http://love2d.org/wiki/Config_Files but still no luck.

any help would be great, thanks!
veethree
Inner party member

Re: warning, FSAA setting failed!

Post by veethree »

I'm not sure, But i think this might be because your graphics card doesn't support FSAA. Are your graphics drivers up to date?
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

The warning message is just telling you that the window LÖVE created didn't support the antialiasing setting specified in love.conf (or love.window.setMode), and it had to disable it. I don't think the warning message is related to the rest of your code not working.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

It's a warning, not an error. It doesn't affect anything if it says that at all. Graphics cards support different settings. If a value is sent that it can't support it'll jump down (Or maybe up too) to the nearest working value, even if it's zero. (For cards that don't support it at all)

You need to post your code so we can tell you what the actual problem is. It's a basic rule of thumb. Have a problem? Post the code.