love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.2)

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
tio
Citizen

Re: love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.0)

Post by tio »

Sind wrote: Also, after I finished making my app yesterday, I found out that I didn't have a micro-usb cable at hand XD
And it seems love-android-sdl2 doesn't work in the standard emulator(at least I couldn't get it to work).
Oh well. I borrowed a cable from a friend today, and it works perfectly on my phone =D
Good thing you found a cable :D
But you can always put the file in dropbox/copy/box/gdrive/whatever :megagrin:
Abregado
Prole

Post by Abregado »

I've been playing with this. Its fantastic. Thanks to everyone who contributed to it.

Here is my little proto for control:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/142 ... intest.apk
included the love and the .apk so peeps can try both
Attachments
drc_touchtest.love
touch control proto
(30.2 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Sind wrote: I do think you should specify it some more. I believe the best way is to be more direct and simple about the instructions, like so:
"go to your love-android-sdl2 folder, and open a command prompt there. in it, run the command 'ndk-build'".
I'm not sure how much better it is from the current, but it should reduce some confusion.
Yeah you may be right, I did it with a bat file thought, since there are lots of people that have never touched a console, I guess I can specify it as an extra anotation something like:
do this or do that (open a command prompt or create a bat file)

PS: Also the batch file is quite practical since you specify NDK dir as part of the PATH variable you just write ndk-build in a txt file and change the extention to ".bat". I thought it was easy and less prone to errors.

I'll add this as a warning at least, that you have to make sure that you are inside the repository folder and in the main directory, and not inside any of the folders.
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
Satinxs
Prole

Post by Satinxs »

fysx wrote:
Satinxs wrote: Here is the output with aLogcat; there are a couple errors, but unfortunately I don't know a thing about android development :G
Hi Satinxs,

thank you *very* much for your logs. Someone reported problems with the Moto G but never responded to my requests to post the logs. I really hope that we can get this fixed!

From your logs it seems as if it tries to start a game located in /sdcard/lovegame:

Code: Select all

I/SDL/APP ( 1863): using game from /sdcard/lovegame
Can you try to remove it (or rename it) and try again. It should give you the nogame screen that you also see when you run LÖVE on the desktop without supplying a game. If it does not work please provide logs just as you did.
Hi fysx, thank you for your attention.
I deleted the /sdcard/lovegame folder and tried running LÖVE and again the blue screen...
Here is the log read with aLogcat, I hope you find it more meaningful than me :P
(I did try running löve without game before, but of course I hadn't checked the log before)

Thank you so much for your concern with this issue! This is why LÖVE is so great: its awesome community :D
Satinxs
Prole

Post by Satinxs »

Positive07 wrote:Don't start a war that you cannot win :P
Haha okay, I'll yield this time :B
Abregado
Prole

Post by Abregado »

is there any way to get resolution information from the device? I would like to have more control over the scaling of the game, rather than relying on automagically scaling the render canvas.

If there is some other way to do this and I totally missed it, let me know.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

Just uploaded release candidate 1 for 0.9.1. You can get it here: https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... .1-RC1.apk

Would be great if you could test it and tell me if it breaks something that was working before.
Bird thing: @fysxdotorg Blog thing: fysx.org
Sind
Prole

Post by Sind »

This is unrelated to the new release candidate.

There is a bug with love.touch.getTouchCount() and love.touch.getTouch().
Here is the error I get:

and the code is:

Code: Select all

for i = 1,love.touch.getTouchCount() do
			local id, x, y, pressure = love.touch.getTouch(i)
			for k,v in pairs(androidButtons) do
				if v.touches(x*xSize,y*ySize) then
					press[k] = true
				end
			end
		end
it happens every once in a while. sometimes after just a bunch of touches, and sometimes it can go 100+ touches before the error occurs.

For information, I'm using a samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 with android 4.3.

I think the best way to deal with this is to, instead of asserting an error, returning "nil, 0, 0, 0", and then the programmer can check if you returned 'nil'. And if they don't, it's at worst a 1 frame button touch in (0,0)
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

@Sind: I'm having problems reproducing that error on release candidate. When are you calling that code? In a draw function? It would be very helpful if you could set up a minimal game that can reproduce the error. I would rather fix the problem than adding a workaround. Also feel free to create an issue here: https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... tatus=open
Bird thing: @fysxdotorg Blog thing: fysx.org