filesystem on a mac

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
pielago
Party member

filesystem on a mac

Post by pielago »

okay..
i think i have done something wrong I downloaded the love.app and place it in to --finder/applications-- now when i do my stuff it works good
but now that I try love.filesystem.write("score" , " the score is"..scores)--example
i cant find it??? where do i have to look? I checked wiki but its not there at all???
i don't know where the filesystems are going???? or did i put the love.app in the wrong place???
p.s sorry used more windows than mac in windows i am okay but not in mac...

can someone help me figure it out...
I am using osX 10..9.2
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Re: filesystem on a mac

Post by DaedalusYoung »

/Users/[user]/Library/Application Support/LOVE/ is where you'll find your stuff. Provided you have set t.identity in love.conf, or with love.filesystem.setIdentity.

This is on the wiki: [here] :)
pielago
Party member

Post by pielago »

i did as wiki and as how you said it and i dont see any folder or any love at all? what i did is downloaded love and placed it under finder/applications thats all!!!
did i do wrong in order for the folder love to be hidden or not there and if it is hidden how can i show it so i can work on it????
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

How did you try love.filesystem.write("score" , " the score is"..scores)? What was the .love exactly, how did you run LÖVE?
Help us help you: attach a .love.
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

Oh of course, the Library folder is hidden by default. :P

A quick to get to it is this. With Finder active, hit Cmd+Shift+G. This will bring up a 'Go to' dialog. Type or copy this exact text, without quotes: "~/Library/Application Support". Hit Return or click on Go. You should now find a LOVE folder and in that, the folder with the name you set in t.identity.
pielago
Party member

Post by pielago »

thank you for the command....
mac its different from windows ...

but for hidden folder? how do you active them?if in case i want to hide a folder?
windows its easy but here mac not sure what to do?
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

Files and folders that start with a period are hidden. Library is a special system folder, so that's hidden. I don't think you can hide or unhide folders and files any other way. Note that you'll probably need to create your hidden files and folders in the Terminal (command line), OS X won't let you create it in Finder.
pielago
Party member

Post by pielago »

Files and folders that start with a period are hidden. Library is a special system folder, so that's hidden
how come i was not able to find love folder ???that's not a special folder for mac
weirdly i had to format mac and after it it worked but before nothing at all
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

The Love folder is inside the Library folder. So if you can not see that one, then you can't see the Love folder.
pielago
Party member

Post by pielago »

got it finally i am able to see it thank you so much...