love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.2)

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
tio
Citizen

Re: love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.0)

Post by tio »

fysx wrote:
tio wrote:Just downloaded beta2, and couldn't do file association thing (it keeps opening with a text editor app).
Are you maybe using Firefox? The link + .love works for me when clicking on it using Chrome Mobile. Firefox Mobile is not working and I have no idea how to create intents from Firefox. :(
I tried using chrome mobile (more precisely using download app).
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

tio wrote:I tried using chrome mobile (more precisely using download app).
You mean you used a third party download app, such as a download manager? This is very likely not to work. Instead you should choose "LÖVE for Android" when being asked:
LÖVE Android File Association Chrome Mobile Download Action Epic
LÖVE Android File Association Chrome Mobile Download Action Epic
LÖVE Android Complete Action.png (44.05 KiB) Viewed 4395 times

When downloading with a 3rd party download manager you also need a 3rd party file browser and somehow convince it to open the downloaded file using LÖVE for Android. At least with X-plore I can open it when clicking on the file -> "Open as" (choose */*) -> LÖVE for Android.
Bird thing: @fysxdotorg Blog thing: fysx.org
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Ratchet wrote:
Positive07 wrote:Yeah you can't turn the keyboard with my code
How?
I took you example for the turn lib from git and add love.keyboards.setTextInput(true) to the love.mousepressed event, so I can bring up the keyboard. But it's always in landscape mode. Do I have to do anything special?
Sorry but the keyboard on android is handled by SDL so the library I wrote can't touch it... that means that if in the AndroidManifest.xml you had your orientation in "landscape" the keyboard will always be on landscape mode. I didn't try the "auto" orientation on the Manifest, that may solve the problem... I don't know
Ratchet wrote: I want to avaoid that. Why to reinvent the wheel and do a lot of extra work when I can get a full working keyboard from the system instead :3 Also I'm damn lazy :crazy:
Implementing your own keyboard would solve the problem, and you can use the "orn" variables to select from one of two keyboards depending on the orientation, I'll probably make one myself but you probably don't want to wait till then.
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
tio
Citizen

Post by tio »

fysx wrote:
tio wrote:I tried using chrome mobile (more precisely using download app).
You mean you used a third party download app, such as a download manager? This is very likely not to work. Instead you should choose "LÖVE for Android" when being asked:
LÖVE Android Complete Action.png

When downloading with a 3rd party download manager you also need a 3rd party file browser and somehow convince it to open the downloaded file using LÖVE for Android. At least with X-plore I can open it when clicking on the file -> "Open as" (choose */*) -> LÖVE for Android.
Tried again (hosting .love file in copy.com and downloading), no success.
Using x-plore works like a charm :ultraglee:
boombuler
Prole

Post by boombuler »

Hi,

I am close to release my first game to the appstore. Here are some things I like to mention about the port:
1) GREAT WORK!
2) Please add to the documentation that the back key is reported as "escape"
3) It would be great to reduce is size of the APK by not compiling unneeded modules. For example my game neither uses Box2d nor sound/audio so i guess I could reduce the size of the apk by some MB.
4) is it really needed to zip the game in the assets folder? Looks obsolete to me cause APKs are already zipped...

Thanks again for the great work.
tio
Citizen

Post by tio »

boombuler wrote:(...)
3) It would be great to reduce is size of the APK by not compiling unneeded modules. For example my game neither uses Box2d nor sound/audio so i guess I could reduce the size of the apk by some MB.
(...)
Sorry about the curiosity, but what kind is your game?
boombuler
Prole

Post by boombuler »

tio wrote:
(...)
Simple Puzzle game... Sound may be added later but most times I think it is annoying for puzzle games :)
Oh btw. I don't need sockets either :-P
tio
Citizen

Post by tio »

boombuler wrote:
tio wrote:
(...)
Simple Puzzle game... Sound may be added later but most times I think it is annoying for puzzle games :)
Oh btw. I don't need sockets either :-P
If you are making the .apk, i *think* you can remove unused libraries (probably you'll need to edit code a bit to not try to load these libs).
boombuler
Prole

Post by boombuler »

tio wrote: If you are making the .apk, i *think* you can remove unused libraries (probably you'll need to edit code a bit to not try to load these libs).
I am not really into the love engine code (or c++ or the ndk) but it seems there are some compilerflags to disable most of the modules.
For example: LOVE_ENABLE_BOX2D
Is there a clean way to set thes flags within the build-scripts?
I guess my last try to remove the modules failed cause I didn't disable the dynamic loading of the no longer existant libs within the SDLActivity.java...
But this whole thing is only nice to have...
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

I don't understand how I can create now a .apk.
I've found this
Install the Android NDK and the Android SDK with SDK API 12 and run

ndk-build

and after that

ant debug

in the root folder of this project or load the project using Eclipse and compile/run it using Eclipse.

This should give you a .apk file in the bin/ subdirectory that you can then install on your phone.
But I don't understand this...

Please no unhelpful comments, thanks.