love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.2)

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
Karai17
Party member

Re: love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.0)

Post by Karai17 »

Mermersk wrote:Hey all I was wondering. If I want to publish my game on android play store, Is that actually possible with this? Or is this really still at "just for fun" level but not actually feasible to make it work on android(publish) ?

If I have a idea should I code my game/app in a specific way for android(using love-android-sdl2) or just do it as I am used to ?

Or is that experimental iOS port that slime is working on a better bet? (more complete and so on.....?)

Edit: I am now having another problem, the game doesn't scale to the resolution of my phone(unless I specify in config-file), But shouldn'T it fo that? there are many resolution on android phones so shouldn't the game scale to the screen size ?
Yes, You can publish your game using this. It is still in beta but if your game runs in it, then you can build your own stand-alone apk and publish it.

the iOS port is coming along, and should not change the way you code your game if you want to deploy it across all five operating systems (once the mobile API is finalized).

Many computers monitors use different screen sizes, too. Generally what you'd want to do is ask the OS what the current resolution is, and scale the game accordingly. I'm unsure if the love android API currently supports this, but it should at the very least be somewhere in SDL.
STI - An awesome Tiled library
LÖVE3D - A 3D library for LÖVE 0.10+

Dev Blog | GitHub | excessive ❤ moé
Mermersk
Party member

Post by Mermersk »

Thx for the answer! Then I will put it as my goal to publish a android game!

As of now I have manually set the resolution as 480x320 (my android phone), is that going to be a problem? I noticed that when I didn't define the resolution the game was still at 800x600 and therefore I was only seeing part of my game on the phonescreen. How is this solved? I hear/read that android apps automatically scale for all the different resolutions, is that not right ?
D_K99
Prole

Post by D_K99 »

Hello Guys,
can somebody make a Video how to distribute your game.
Thank you.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

look at google's docs about distributing your game on google play, but first you need to have a working game.
D_K99
Prole

Post by D_K99 »

My problem is i dont undertsand how and where to put your Löve game.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Install the engine on your, phone create a folder named lovegame in the main storage then put all the .lua files, pictures etc in it.

Next time read the instructions in the start of the thread before asking for help.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

D_K99 wrote:My problem is i dont undertsand how and where to put your Löve game.
You create a folder called "assets" and place game.love there.
Run "ndk-build" and then "ant debug" and enjoy your apk.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Karai17
Party member

Post by Karai17 »

jjmafiae wrote:Install the engine on your, phone create a folder named lovegame in the main storage then put all the .lua files, pictures etc in it.

Next time read the instructions in the start of the thread before asking for help.
That doesn't answer his question. He wants to know know how to compile his own APK to distribute on the Play Store, not to just execute lua files on his phone.

There is also no reason to be rude.
STI - An awesome Tiled library
LÖVE3D - A 3D library for LÖVE 0.10+

Dev Blog | GitHub | excessive ❤ moé
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Sorry I misunderstood what he wanted, don't kill me.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

D_K99 wrote:Hello Guys,
can somebody make a Video how to distribute your game.
Thank you.
Here is some documentation (which should not be hard to translate from linux -> OSX|Win) that will get you debugging properly.

https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... /wiki/Home

Otherwise, working with the google play store is not something we have done yet, but I believe the process involves signing the package with your private key, and then uploading it to the 25$ Google Play service. Google can help you here, I am sure.

This you may have to research, and if you do, please tell us how you did it!
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push