Love 0.9.0 crashing on load without errors

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Cluke009
Prole

Love 0.9.0 crashing on load without errors

Post by Cluke009 »

I have noticed this happening since I upgraded. So far the only thing I have been able to confirm as breaking love is requiring nonexistent files.

There may be other simple things but I can't confirm them right now. The old version used to spit out helpful errors messages to the console like "line:2 in main.lua could not load file @some/path/". At least I recall it doing that. I'm sure I have made this mistake prior to 0.9.0.

Is this a known issue? It makes debugging really fustrating as you think you have made a huge mistake but its a simple spelling error. No way to know until you go over all your code with a fine tooth comb.
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: Love 0.9.0 crashing on load without errors

Post by slime »

Can you post your code (as a .love file preferably)?
Cluke009
Prole

Post by Cluke009 »

Now that I am looking at it more closely this may be an issue with the Zoetrope library. Let me do some more testing to see if I can reproduce it in vanilla love. If I can't I'll post the Zoetrope version and perhaps you can help with that.

in case it helps this is the error I'm getting with Zoetrope.

Code: Select all

[Finished in 0.6s with exit code 1]
Couldn't find anything about it with google.
Cluke009
Prole

Post by Cluke009 »

It turns out it was an issue specifically with Zoetrope. I have found the offending code and will be updating the repo soon. Could have sworn this was happening with vanilla love as well... guess I was mistaken. Thanks for the help either way.