Alpha channel ingored

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
gustav165
Prole

Alpha channel ingored

Post by gustav165 »

I have a game that uses 12 canvases with transparency however when using blendmode replace to make an area of a canvas transparent again I get a black flashing (no vsync) which appears to be caused by the alpha channel being ignored. When I do a lot of drawing (alpha blendmode) the alpha channel is completely skipped on both the canvases and other things drawn. However when I only use 7 canvases there is no problem.
veethree
Inner party member

Re: Alpha channel ingored

Post by veethree »

Can you post your .love?
gustav165
Prole

Post by gustav165 »

veethree wrote:Can you post your .love?
Not really. I don't see why that would be necessary. The problem as far as I can tell must be in love.graphics, love.windows or the graphic drivers. When I get access to my code again I'll do one more check to see if it could possibly be a problem in my code.
Gorus
Prole

Post by Gorus »

You must provide some code if you want any help with such issue. Else if you are convinced that it's an engine bug, go to the bug/issue tracker and post there.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Gorus wrote:You must provide some code if you want any help with such issue. Else if you are convinced that it's an engine bug, go to the bug/issue tracker and post there.
You should post code to reproduce the issue no matter where you think the bug is coming from, otherwise other people won't be able to help.