Dual Mice

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
SimonLarsen
Party member

Re: Dual Mice

Post by SimonLarsen »

raidho36 wrote:Yeah, and I won't be able to play your games the way they meant to be played since I only have one mouse. So are vast majority of all PC users. Seriously, even LeapMotion thing is far more widespread than multiple mice.
Who said anything about requiring it? I'm talking about offering the option to plug in another mouse just like you can plug in another controller when playing a multiplayer game. Of course nobody is making a game where a single person operates two mice.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

>2013
>PC hotseat
>multimouse
That's just 10/10, dude. No offence.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

As mentioned already, Jamestown is a pretty successful recent indie game that has hotseat multi-mouse multiplayer. World of Goo and Hammerfight both have multi-mouse support as well.
PC hotseat multiplayer is quite alive - Spelunky is probably the most recent example of another popular indie game which has that sort of multiplayer.

It would be nice if you were less actively antagonistic in your forum posts.
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

raidho36 wrote:Yeah, and I won't be able to play your games the way they meant to be played since I only have one mouse. So are vast majority of all PC users. Seriously, even LeapMotion thing is far more widespread than multiple mice.
No need to be like that, you can't please all the people all the time. Also, like the OP said, it's an OPTION! I think Multi-Mouse support could be useful for local multiplayer games. I don't like the idea of one person controlling 1 player with WASD and X to jump, and the second one IJKL and M to jump. Mice are cheaper then game controllers. I got my mouse that I use for £2, and I've been using it for 2 years and it still works GREAT! You could have an options menu, selecting what mode of multiplayer you want(WASD-X/IJKL-M), game controllers or multi mouse. If a secondary mouse isn't connected, give an error or something, same for game controllers.

I don't think they'll be the most useful thing ever, but it could be useful. Don't get so angry at someone because they want to know if LÖVE will have a feature? I don't have a game controller, so I won't be able to play any game you make that uses a game controller.

Really, it could be a good thing. LÖVE's Joystick API may not be used that much, but it's good to have support for it if someone wants to use it. But it's up to the developers. I'd like it if it was added, but I wouldn't use it. That doesn't mean I don't think it should be added. The Box2D port for LÖVE isn't used a whole ton, but it's good to have it there if I want to use it.
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
XxSolidJelloxX
Prole

Post by XxSolidJelloxX »

SimonLarsen wrote:Of course nobody is making a game where a single person operates two mice.
This just gave me a cool idea ^.^
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

My question is does Löve recognize each mouse as a separate input so you can tell which one is currently clicking and where, or will it only recognize the first? Can you get the coordinates of both and which one is clicking when mouse is down?
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

There is no specific multi-mouse support in LÖVE or SDL2 right now, it behaves exactly as it does in most other programs when multiple mice are connected - they all control the same cursor and input from all mice contributes to a single reported mouse position and a single button state.
Plu
Inner party member

Post by Plu »

raidho36 wrote:>2013
>PC hotseat
>multimouse
That's just 10/10, dude. No offence.
Funny thing is, if you can build a good PC hotseat multiplayer game, you basically took away one of the last things where consoles really beat out PCs. Single machine multiplayer is the only thing I'd consider buying a console for right now.