Unnamed Minimal RPG

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Kyle
Party member

Re: Unnamed Minimal RPG

Post by Kyle »

Thanks for all the really great compliments! We appreciate it :D

She's going to work on character customization - dressing up your character and all sorts of fun stuff. I'm going to work on the map system, making it more streamlined and prettier! We hope to add a lot of optional post-processing and even a day/night cycle. It needs to be really polished because we have commercial plans!
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Wow this project is great :3
Kyle
Party member

Post by Kyle »

Hi guys! Just a small update to show this time. All my other work isn't in the game itself yet! I've decided that since the art style is so minimal, why not spruce it up programmatically? That's what programmers do!

Can you tell what I've added? Noise! Yep. I think it kinda helps break up those flat, monotone bits. I'll probably apply this is an optional effect - note that it doesn't show on the sky and the clouds, either. It'll show on everything else, though. The map, entities, characters, everything. Speaking of characters... I'll take this chance to show off a little idea we had for a character:

Yep - he's blue and he's got bling. Clothing will be drawn independent of the base character, so you'll be able to customize to an extent. :D For some proof, here he is naked:

The current plan is to have characters at 8 times the resolution of the map. This means that for every map pixel, the character has eight. That'd make this guy 2x4 map pixels big.

QUICK UPDATE!
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Wow this is so cool, cant wait to play the whole thing. will there be small one handed guns just like the ones they used in the 1800s?
XCaptain
Prole

Post by XCaptain »

This game is look really good! :awesome:
Kyle
Party member

Post by Kyle »

Thanks guys! But no, no guns. It's going to be more medieval mixed with some steampunk (if she'll let me!) So, think swords, bows, etc.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Kyle wrote:Thanks guys! But no, no guns. It's going to be more medieval mixed with some steampunk (if she'll let me!) So, think swords, bows, etc.
STEAMPUNK! WOW! YES! THIS PROJECT IS DA BEST!
Kyle wrote:(if she'll let me!)
who is "she"?

and BTW small old type hands guns should be in the game if you ask me :3
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

jjmafiae wrote:
Kyle wrote:(if she'll let me!)
who is "she"?

and BTW small old type hands guns should be in the game if you ask me :3
She is his girlfriend. And in the Victorian Age (Steampunk) they did indeed have small hand-guns.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Kyle
Party member

Post by Kyle »

Yeah, but guns wouldn't fit this game. When I said steampunk, I was referring more to airships and steam-powered things.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Kyle wrote:Yeah, but guns wouldn't fit this game. When I said steampunk, I was referring more to airships and steam-powered things.
That would be awesome, somewhat of Guns of Icarus steam ships, add customization, and you have a solid RPG game.
Airship battles? Please?
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster