SLG

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
raidho36
Party member

Re: SLG

Post by raidho36 »

FYI you can just post what you got as is and you don't need to polish this kind of demo. We're all more or less developers ourselves, so we understand things. Unlike stupid ignorant mob who would only worth smooth shining graphics. For them, yeah, you can pretty much feed them screenshots if you have visual stuff to display. It doesn't even have to be really a screenshot, mockups do the hype just as well. Also remember that they are your target audience, not us. You can treat them like garbage and they wouldn't know difference.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

looks good but post a pre-release or people will get mad and angry on you for wasting their time (about 20 - 50 secs of their life)
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

Looks good.
Just out of the blur, I am actually working on my first platformer thingy. I am planning to make a full game, but mostly for practice...Well, we do have the same exact tileset. :)
cgrossi
Prole

Post by cgrossi »

Roland_Yonaba wrote:Looks good.
Just out of the blur, I am actually working on my first platformer thingy. I am planning to make a full game, but mostly for practice...Well, we do have the same exact tileset. :)
:awesome: that's nice, roland_yonaba!!
Code games. You'll have fun!
cgrossi
Prole

Post by cgrossi »

jjmafiae wrote:looks good but post a pre-release or people will get mad and angry on you for wasting their time (about 20 - 50 secs of their life)

i will, jjmafie, I will soon. Don't hate me, please!! ;)
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

jjmafiae wrote:looks good but post a pre-release or people will get mad and angry on you for wasting their time (about 20 - 50 secs of their life)
I don't think anyone here is mad or angry.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

cgrossi wrote:

i will, jjmafie, I will soon. Don't hate me, please!! ;)
i dont hate you, the engine is not named löve for anything not häte
i like proles and newbies :3
i think your textures are pretty sweet :3
cgrossi
Prole

Post by cgrossi »

Hello.

Well, this is not exactly a demo, it is just to do the programming and everything else before setting up a real level. Many things are missing yet and there are a quite few bugs, but you can have some idea.. Please, tell me your impressions.. The goal of the game will be: get the keys to open the locks to collect some diamonds in a certain amount of time. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks.

slg.zip
Use the arrows to control the little guy
(2.58 MiB) Downloaded 87 times
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

You do realize that's only for Windows, right?
Not all of us use that, so you should post a .love file instead.

Plus I think you also built that for a 64 bit Windows arch, which I can't use either.
I went ahead and did that for you, too. Also, are you of spanish decent, judging from the codebase's filenames?
slg.love
So yeah. Here's that .love for you Mac/Linux users.
(433.28 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
cgrossi
Prole

Post by cgrossi »

NightKawata wrote:You do realize that's only for Windows, right?
Not all of us use that, so you should post a .love file instead.

Plus I think you also built that for a 64 bit Windows arch, which I can't use either.
I went ahead and did that for you, too. Also, are you of spanish decent, judging from the codebase's filenames?
slg.love

Hi, nighkawata. I didn't realize that. thank you for your help. I'm new at Lua and Löve programming. And, no, I'm not spanish decent. I'm from Brazil. And, by the way, what do you think of the game?