Mr. BallGuy V1.0.0

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
qaisjp
Party member

Re: Mr. BallGuy V2.0.0 BETA

Post by qaisjp »

It's getting better :D Fun game :)
Lua is not an acronym.
Eamonn
Party member

Re: Mr. BallGuy V2.0.0 BETA

Post by Eamonn »

Thanks! I'm glad it's a lot better now. It isn't fully commented yet and there MIGHT be some wrongly indented code :( I hate it when that happens and I cant get a text editor that line-wraps good enough! I accidentally left debug on in V2.0.0, so I fixed it!
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
Treshold
Prole

Re: Mr. BallGuy V2.1.0 BETA

Post by Treshold »

The music seems really loud for me (compared to everything else playing on my computer) so a volume option would be nice (playing muted gets kinda boring...)

Also I noticed that it's not always giving the coins when I hover my mouse over, and after checking the code I noticed that

Code: Select all

140: if player.mouseY + 27 > coin.y and player.mouseY < coin.y + 50 and player.x + 20 > coin.x and player.mouseX < coin.x + 54 then 

and player.x + 20 > coin.x and
you're checking for the player.x instead of player.mouseX, so you need to physically be on the right side of the coin to pick it up :|

Oh, and this is my first post on these forums, so... Hi! :ultrahappy:
Well... Yeah ._.
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

Treshold wrote:The music seems really loud for me (compared to everything else playing on my computer) so a volume option would be nice (playing muted gets kinda boring...)

Also I noticed that it's not always giving the coins when I hover my mouse over, and after checking the code I noticed that

140: if player.mouseY + 27 > coin.y and player.mouseY < coin.y + 50 and player.x + 20 > coin.x and player.mouseX < coin.x + 54 then 

you're checking for the player.x instead of player.mouseX, so you need to physically be on the right side of the coin to pick it up :|

Thanks for the feedback! The volume was taken out because it was causing a crash, but now that I've taken out the other music(e.g. the menu music) it should work. Expect that to be in V3.0.0! I'm working on it!

So THAT'S what's wrong with the coins! i was looking over the code for hours and couldn't see what was causing it :P Thank's for helping!

And also, welcome to the LÖVE forums! :ultrahappy:
Eamonn
Party member

Re: Mr. BallGuy V3.0.0 BETA

Post by Eamonn »

V3.0.0 of Mr. BallGuy was released! The update features achievements mainly, but it also has a license. Let me know what you think of the achievements!! Currently, there are 30 achievements, but I plan to add more when possible!
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

Eamonn wrote:
Treshold wrote:The music seems really loud for me (compared to everything else playing on my computer) so a volume option would be nice (playing muted gets kinda boring...)

Thanks for the feedback! The volume was taken out because it was causing a crash, but now that I've taken out the other music(e.g. the menu music) it should work. Expect that to be in V3.0.0! I'm working on it!

So THAT'S what's wrong with the coins! i was looking over the code for hours and couldn't see what was causing it :P Thank's for helping!

i thought that was the point, lol. it was cool making that the mouse be his "hand" and you had to be next to the coin to grab the coin.
im testing v3 now.
Lua is not an acronym.
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

qaisjp wrote:
Eamonn wrote:

i thought that was the point, lol. it was cool making that the mouse be his "hand" and you had to be next to the coin to grab the coin.
im testing v3 now.
I might add that back in, and maybe even make it so the player can collect the coins, because in the version I'm working on now I have made the coins fall down. The character is a really cool design, and I want to use him in some other games but give him a first name. I haven't even finished THIS one and I have ideas for at least 3 other games!!! Getting way ahead of myself :P I hope you like the game now! Achievements were added using a library from LiquidHelium called LoveAcvhievements! It was a really nicely done library!! It really reminds me of how Steam does it's achievements. Also, QUOTE PARTY!!!! ;)
Eamonn
Party member

Re: Mr. BallGuy V4.0.0 BETA

Post by Eamonn »

Mr. BallGuy V4.0.0 has been RELEASED! The update features achievements and some bug fixes, such as the audio cutting out!
severedskullz
Prole

Post by severedskullz »

I would recommend adding more than one falling object occasionally instead of just making the ball re-spawn at the top. Currently an easy way to beat your game:

1)Move left or right a bit
2) Collect coins
3) wait for ball to reach bottom
4) repeat

There needs to be more dynamic to the game, cuz right now I can beat it with simple timing of my key presses and not even have to worry about my placement on the screen. If you add multiple balls that are falling instead of increasing the speed, then things will pick up. Players must now be careful of else they find themselves trapped in the corners with no way to avoid numerous obstacles.

The ball just homes in on your location before it starts falling, which leads to predictability. Make it random and add more :)

I also thought the brown balls were going to hurt me :o I didn't realize they were coins.

I really like the UI and the achievements are great. Keep up the good work!
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

severedskullz wrote:I would recommend adding more than one falling object occasionally instead of just making the ball re-spawn at the top. Currently an easy way to beat your game:

1)Move left or right a bit
2) Collect coins
3) wait for ball to reach bottom
4) repeat

There needs to be more dynamic to the game, cuz right now I can beat it with simple timing of my key presses and not even have to worry about my placement on the screen. If you add multiple balls that are falling instead of increasing the speed, then things will pick up. Players must now be careful of else they find themselves trapped in the corners with no way to avoid numerous obstacles.

The ball just homes in on your location before it starts falling, which leads to predictability. Make it random and add more :)

I also thought the brown balls were going to hurt me :o I didn't realize they were coins.

I really like the UI and the achievements are great. Keep up the good work!
Lol the brown coins look like chocolate coins IMO :P I was thinking about adding more balls, but I thought it would be a LITTLE too difficult. Anyway, in V5 I have something similar to that in mind: A boss fight(which is really doing my head in :x ), and I think I'll add more balls. With the boss fight will be an endless mode. The coin's are very OP, I understand. This is why the game is still in development. A lot of things need work and the feedback so far has been great!