Space protector Rocket

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
JHB
Prole

Space protector Rocket

Post by JHB »

Hi,

i just wanna show you my first game: Space protector Rocket,

It is a little Acrade game and, Yeah there is not much more to say, just try it out.
Sometimes its a little frustrating at the beginning...
Attachments
spr.love
Space protector Rocket
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 232 times
MadByte
Party member

Re: Space protector Rocket

Post by MadByte »

Hey JHB!
Cool game. The graphics looks nice, the idea is cool.
For some reason I wasn't able to hit the target - you might should add a "How to Play" instruction for me :D
With the tile by tile based movement it seems like you wanted to make it a bit more strategy like.
I would prefer free movement so that the game has more action in it :) But if you do it right,
the tile by tile movement style could also be nice and fun to play!

Also, for some reason the game loads extremly long on startup. I open the love and try to figure out why.
edit: hmm when it's unpacked and I drag & drop the file on the love.exe it loads normal.. hmm

Good luck for future progress on this :p
micha
Inner party member

Post by micha »

MadByte wrote:For some reason I wasn't able to hit the target
I had the same problem. The missile and the target both move one step each frame.
Imagine a checkerboard with white and black fields. If the missile starts on a black field and the target on a white one, then it is impossible to hit the target: After one step the missile is on a white field and the target on a black one. And so on...
You should come up with a solution for this problem.
JHB
Prole

Post by JHB »

There is alredy a solution for this. Hit the Spacebar and the rocket get a new random position. Or, if the target is on the wall of the field there is a 1/4 chance that the target dont move for a round.

Thats was the Only reason for the "Warp function" if its always possible to hit the target the it is way to easy...
MadByte
Party member

Post by MadByte »

hmm the warp thing looks a bit unfair I think.
Just an idea:

You could set a detonation radius around the missle like a " + " so that the chance to hit the target get higher.
To prevent the game from beeing to easy you could think about other elements in your game like obstacles or the ufo shoots laser beams
or something.

p.s I sent you a PM, you might like to look for it.