Multiplayer Isometric RPG Framework.

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
master both
Party member

Re: Multiplayer Isometric RPG Framework.

Post by master both »

How could i never stepped into this thread... is this coded entirely in löve?
Averice
Prole

Post by Averice »

Yep it's all in love, and uses LoveJIT
Averice
Prole

Post by Averice »

Shameless bump, But i bring content!
So the engine/framework has a map editor I thought why not an image/animation editor as it has it's own json encoded format to read animations I kind of needed one anyway.

I also got a lot of inspiration to start making this from seeing spyders supersprite tool, ( I'm also temporarily using his colorcube image, it's only temporary but if this is not ok spyder please feel free to let me know, it wouldn't be a problem to use a different temp one.)

Unfinished at the present moment. And I haven't begun on the animation stack yet.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Do you have a test build lying around anywhere? :awesome:
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Averice
Prole

Post by Averice »

It is currently in a working state, and it could probably be used to make games as it is right now, but it's not at a completion stage that I am happy with for a release, as it is at the moment you need to rely on the console to navigate around the engine as I've been using console commands for debugging and fast switching between states and tools to make sure everything is in working order when I make changes, I'll be writing a wiki on how it's all used and what you can use to make games using this and then I'll release an alpha build to people to start playing with. The breakout game I wrote was written in a very short amount of time to kind of test just how well the engine can handle everything under the hood and I am pretty impressed with it's performance, I've been fairly adamant on making sure most/all unused variables in the stack are freed to not impact on any performance.

EDIT: Also if anyone has some suggestions that they'd want in something like this don't be shy to post them.
Averice
Prole

Post by Averice »

Update: I made a simple code viewer, I have a few ideas to use it for, but other than that I made it because I was a little bored.
Still a few issues like some of the spacing gets messed up when it finishes parsing the document, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

This is some pretty sophisticated stuff...!
Lua is not an acronym.
Averice
Prole

Post by Averice »

Fixed up the spacing, it was due to printf chopping the first character off if it was a space.