Mac Install Help

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
adam561
Prole

Mac Install Help

Post by adam561 »

Hello!
I have a mac and installing love is confusing. When I download the file it is just a pig with heats flying around. I then make a .lua file, rin it in terminal, and get the same pig! I know that I got the wrong download, where can I find it!
Thanks,
Adam

Ps, I have the same code as in the tutorial
Jackim
Prole

Re: Mac Install Help

Post by Jackim »

You've got the right download. Try dragging the folder that contain your main.lua onto the LOVE.app
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

If you make an alias you can easily run packages from bash. You should pass a directory though, not a lua file. See [wiki]Getting Started[/wiki].
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I really hope 0.9.0 has some more information in its No Löve screen perhaps with a link you can click on that will open your browser to the "Getting Started" page.
daviddoran
Prole

Post by daviddoran »

Jasoco wrote:I really hope 0.9.0 has some more information in its No Löve screen perhaps with a link you can click on that will open your browser to the "Getting Started" page.
Agreed. I mentioned LÖVE to a friend, he downloaded it (on Windows) and then said "All I've got is this spinning pig".
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

daviddoran wrote:I mentioned LÖVE to a friend, he downloaded it (on Windows) and then said "All I've got is this spinning pig".
We should totally have a LÖVE conference some time, and give everyone t-shirts that says "I went to LÖVE-con and all I got is this spinning pig". </offtopic>
Help us help you: attach a .love.
daviddoran
Prole

Post by daviddoran »

Robin wrote:We should totally have a LÖVE conference some time, and give everyone t-shirts that says "I went to LÖVE-con and all I got is this spinning pig". </offtopic>
Agreed and agreed.