Need one betatester for my game

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Username
Citizen

Need one betatester for my game

Post by Username »

I'm looking for a betatester for testing the card game.

The new version to be released soon has grown a lot in complexity, and I need someone that would want to test by doing the next:

=> Play several matches, at least 10
=> Report stability. If the game crashes for some reason, do a screenshot of the Löve BSOD.
=> Check game difficulty, that is, by default, set to hard. After those 10 matches, I would want to know how much of then the CPU won, how much of them you won and how many where a draw.
=> Game animations and effects. I would like to know if game animations stopped or didn't triggered when supposed to do, for example, when the enemy plays a card, the card he plays moves from his hand to the central slot. Just tell me if this animation was not triggered, how much energy had the CPU when that animation didn't triggered and how much energy did you have, as well as if you had to pass turn or not, and if the CPU played a card or not.
=> Game balancing. I need to know your opinion about the cards balance. Some of them may be too much powerful and others may be underpowered. Just for your information:
~Elemental spells: deal high damage and the damage per energy cost is quite efficient, so spell damage is very efficient
~Nature spells: damage is not much efficient, but they have cure and healing spells that are quite efficient
~Mystic spells: damage is the less efficient of all schools of magic, gut has efficient heals and protection spells
~Dark spells: damage efficiency is not as good as elemental, but not as worst as Mystic. They have poisons, curses and other interesting effects which are quite energy-efficient.
~Void: damage is medium efficient, something like between Nature and Dark. Have spells to recover energy, dispel effects, remove cards from enemy deck, and other effects that affect energy or gameplay in different aspects.

So having that into account, I would like to know your opinion about how balanced are the different cards.

=> In addition to the screenshots if the game crashes, send me also the files that the game creates in the Löve directory with a extension like ".debug"

So, if the game crashed, create a zip, rar or tar.gz with all screenshots and all .debug files and send it to me.
Don't do it if the game didn't crashed.

That's all.
Thanks
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Need one betatester for my game

Post by Robin »

You might want to upload the .love of your game to this thread as an attachment. That greatly reduces the barrier to test it, and is very easy for you to do.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
daviddoran
Prole

Post by daviddoran »

@Robin: I think he's looking for someone to commit to fully testing the game, which is fair enough.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

daviddoran wrote:@Robin: I think he's looking for someone to commit to fully testing the game, which is fair enough.
Ah. I don't think that is going to be as effective as doing the usual thing on this forum (especially if you factor in the chance that no-one will want to commit), but that's their call.
Username
Citizen

Post by Username »

Robin wrote:You might want to upload the .love of your game to this thread as an attachment. That greatly reduces the barrier to test it, and is very easy for you to do.
If I attach the .love I would be basically releasing an untested version of a quite complex piece of software.
So basically I need someone to test the game before sending it to "public domain".
substitute541
Party member

Post by substitute541 »

Wait, what's better of the two?
  • Get few people to test your buggy game or,
  • Release your buggy game and let many people test that game.
Edit: Also, this is not like those big Game companies like EA and Popcap. This is a free game engine and many people are willing to help any newbies.

Edit2: Is it me, or is Robin posting in threads such that, the zebra-stripe thing is in a light color and hides part of his signature?

Edit3: My neck hurts from looking at the conspiracy pic.
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Username wrote:So basically I need someone to test the game before sending it to "public domain".
I don't know if you intend to make your game open source, but are you familiar with other open source projects (other than LÖVE)? That is in fact the usual modus operandi. You want the earliest and most buggy version to be in the open, so bugs can be fixed right away.
substitute541 wrote:Edit2: Is it me, or is Robin posting in threads such that, the zebra-stripe thing is in a light color and hides part of his signature?
Too much effort. Instead, I hope that even with the darker backgrounds, the contrast is sufficiently low that it remains mostly hidden.